The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen has over 15 years of experience in representing both men and women in contested and uncontested family law related matters, including divorce, custody, child support, alimony and paternity cases. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen understands the emotional difficulty one goes through in a divorce case and how overwhelming one feels when facing the common issues of division of assets, custody, parenting plans, child support, alimony and payment of college expenses.

The Law Office of Trista R.Christensen dedicates itself in being caring and compassionate during these difficult times. We will be sensitive to your emotions while providing professional representation as we work towards the best result for you and your child. We will guide you through your family law matter and make sure you have all the necessary information to make the right decision for you.

Child Support:

Both parents of children are required to financially support their children. Child support is calculated by using the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines. Child support is ordered in divorce, separation and paternity actions. Child support is put into place to pay for your child’s food, clothing, shelter, medical needs and other essentials. In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, parents are obligated to pay child support until a child reaches the age of 18, 21 or 23, depending on whether the child is enrolled in college and whether the child is dependent on one of the parents.

If you are already divorced or have been ordered to pay child support for a child born out of wedlock, you may seek to modify the child support order upon a showing of a significant change in circumstances since the date of the original order or judgment. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen can assist you in evaluating whether seeking a modification is right for you.

Custody and Visitation:

You may decide to have your children reside with you or the other parent or divide their time between the two homes. Regardless of where your children are living, you may agree that certain decisions about your children should be made by both parents. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen will explain to you the difference between legal custody, physical custody and joint custody. We will work with you to help you decide what is best for you and your children.

If you and/or your children’s situation changes as your children grow older, you may seek a modification of a custody or parenting plan. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen will assist you in evaluating legal and/or physical custody, a parenting plan and/or visitation schedule to determine whether a modification of a prior order or judgment is right for you and/or your children

Property Division:

Pursuant to the laws in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Court may assign to either spouse all or any part of the estate of the other. The laws in Massachusetts authorize a judge, based on various factors such as the length of the marriage, the conduct of the parties during the marriage and their age and general situation, to treat all the property owned by you and your spouse as “marital property” to be divided between the two of you as the judge considers appropriate.

Personal property includes tangible objects such as furniture, and intangible assets such as pensions, the value of a business, stocks, bank accounts, etc. The Law Office of Trista R.Christensen will work with you to evaluate and value all of the assets of your marriage and work toward a division of assets that is equitable.


For all children that are born out of wedlock, if paternity is not established at the hospital when the child is born, either a mother or father can file a Complaint with the Probate and Family Court to establish paternity. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen represents both mothers and fathers in paternity actions. We will work with you to establish paternity, custody, a parenting plan, visitation schedules and child support.


If your former spouse or partner is not abiding by a court order or judgment and is not paying support, is not allowing you to determine your child, is not providing health insurance or is violating any other order of the Court, you may be able to file a Complaint for Contempt. The Law Office of Trista R. Christensen will work with you to evaluate your case to see if filing a Complaint for Contempt is right for you. Also, if you have been served with a Complaint for Contempt for allegedly not abiding by a Court order or judgment, the Law Office of Trista R. Christensen will represent you in defending the allegations.

For additional information, please contact the Law Office of Trista R. Christensen via e-mail or call us at (978) 741-0033. Evening appointments are available upon request.


Name *